Y’all. I cannot believe that it is already May. We’re already 1/3 of the way through the year. That is crazy! Anyways, I hope your May is off to a great start! In addition to my weekly Friday Favorites post, I thought it would be fun to highlight some of my favorite things at the end of each month. I’ll be recapping some of my favorite products, eats and drinks, favorite books, TV shows and everything in between. Feel free to chime in in the comments section below and let me know what made your highlight reel during the month of April!
Aladdin Reusable Coffee Cups
I’ve been using these Aladdin reusable coffee cups almost every morning this month. I typically leave my Yeti at the office so these have been great for my morning cup of joe. I purchased these from Target a year or two ago, but found these are similar!
This is a no brainer! Y’all know that I’m an Orangetheory Fitness junkie ever since doing one of the workouts last year. I haven’t been able to attend Orangetheory as much as I’d like to since my breast augmentation, but I still make it to a few classes a week. I’m slowly getting back to feeling 100% when it comes to lifting weights, so I’ll be back at it in full force in no time.
At Home Booty Building Workout
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I’m slowly converting one of our upstairs bedrooms into a makeshift area for at home workouts. I broke it in last Friday night and got in a kick butt glute workout using only resistance bands. I’m planning on sharing the workout on here later this week, so stay tuned!
Magnolia Market at the Silos
Earlier in the month my mom and I road tripped to Waco, Texas to visit Magnolia Market. You can find an entire recap of our trip linked below. It was such a great trip, and so wonderful to get to spend some one on one time with my mom!
Favorites Eats + Drinks
Goode Co. Seafood’s Shrimp Campechana
Last weekend Schoen and I had a day date that included some yummy food and shopping for our upcoming trip to Mexico. We stopped at Goode Company Seafood for lunch and had the most wonderful meal. We started off with their shrimp campechana and it was to die for. It reminded me of ceviche and was totally delicious.
Gringo’s Mango Margarita
I am a lover of Mexican cuisine, but not so much of traditional margaritas. My go to marg is frozen mango with a salted rim. I sipped on one while we at dinner with my mom at Gringos a few weeks ago. Delish!
Pokey O’s Ice Cream Sandwich
As if the name of my blog doesn’t give it away, I am a huge chocolate lover. I have a huge sweet tooth, so I of course had to track down Pokey O’s food truck while I was in Waco. Their ice cream sandwiches are amazing!
Peach Hint Water
One thing that I do not like about Texas, is the heat and humidity that summer time brings! I have been soaking in the gorgeous, non-humid days as much as I can before the sweltering heat arrives. I sipped on this bottle of peach Hint Water during a work break last week. It hit the spot and helped keep me cool!
Favorite Things I…
- S-Town Podcast | I was instantly hooked and listened to all 7 chapters in less than a week. Here is a short overview about what S-Town is all about: “S-Town is a new podcast from Serial and This American Life, hosted by Brian Reed, about a man named John who despises his Alabama town and decides to do something about it. He asks Brian to investigate the son of a wealthy family who’s allegedly been bragging that he got away with murder. But then someone else ends up dead, and the search for the truth leads to a nasty feud, a hunt for hidden treasure, and an unearthing of the mysteries of one man’s life.”
- It Starts with Food Audio Book | I hopped on the Audible bandwagon last week and downloaded a few audio books. One of them is It Starts with Food. I have only listened to about 5 chapters, but it is such an amazing book. There is some ‘sciency’ parts to it, so I’m glad that I chose to listen to the audio book rather than purchase and read a hard copy. If you’ve ever struggled with your relationship with food (or know someone who has), this book is for you or would make a wonderful gift!
- 13 Reasons Why | Oh this show. I don’t really know what to say about it. I know there is a lot of mixed feelings about what this show portrayed. And there has been some heated debates on what message this show sends to both parents and teenagers. I was instantly hooked after the first episode and I felt like I was emotionally invested in it after the second. I’m conflicted on my actual feelings towards it. But I do think it is something every parent should take time to watch.
- Goliath | Amazon did it again and came out with another great series. The hubby and I watched all of the episodes of Goliath in about a week. So it was obviously pretty darn good!
Divine Direction: 7 Decisions That Will Change Your Life | This book by my pastor Craig Groeschel is truly amazing. I have been slowly working my way through it and each time I read a chapter I discover something new about myself. I highly highly highly recommend it.
- The 5th Horseman | This book by James Patterson is the 5th book of the Women’s Murder Club series. I polished off the 5th and started the 6th last weekend! All of his books are definite page turners that will keep you up way past your bedtime!